Wednesday, April 12, 2006

TUESDAY - Dinner and a Dance

Well today was pretty usual in the morning, catching up on my email and forums...writing my blog. In the afternoon I had to get some bookwork done and then Dorothy called and said she would be picking me up at 4:00 to go to Senior Citizens for supper. It starts at 5:00 but apparently everyone gets there early to get seats to sit with their friends. When we arrived that proved to be true...the parking lot was loaded. That news left me with not much time to work and get changed to go but I managed to be ready when she picked me up.

This was my first time going to this particular Senior Citizen facility...at least to stay...I had picked something up once from there when we collecting can tabs..they donated to the cause. They had volunteers in pink aprons waiting on the tables. For 2.00 we had a pork dinner with dessert and we were waited on hand and foot. We only had to clear our table. I met some more new people that Dorothy and her sister introduced me to. There were also a lot of familiar faces. I am beginning to feel more comfortable at these functions.

After dinner the tables where folded and put away and the band set up and we paid another 2.00 for the dance. The same band, Old Timers were playing. Some of the people left...those that had come just for the meal...but the majority stayed. The band started playing at 6:00. It was a small crowd...I only danced twice. Once with Dorothy and once with Maurice. He was spread pretty thin amongst the women... LOL.

Dorothy wasn't having a great time either so she said if I didn't mind we would leave at 8:00 instead of 9:00 when it ended and I was agreeable to that. Don't get me wrong..we had a nice time but we were a bit tired.

When I got home I saw I had a message on my answering machine. It seemed Lloyd had stopped by during the day and I hadn't answered the door so he was worried about me...wanted me to call him when I got in. I have a battery operated door bell on the outside of the entry way. When the cats are on the porch, I lock that door. It doesn't always work so I didn't hear him. He said he had been in my town because he had gone to the chiropractor up the street. He is having some horrific back pain. He has to do a lot of ice pack treatment and see him again next Tuesday so Lloyd will stop by then to see me. I told him where I had been. I hadn't told him about my going out dancing yet. I mentioned that if he danced he might enjoy that. *We need another man to share LOL!!!*

After his call, I watched American Idol. Oh it was good to see Taylor back to himself. He is still my favorite. I just love him. I then watched Nashville Star and Chris is still my favorite on that show and he did a super job. Last night they had to sing an original song.

I was ready for bedtime and headed up to read. I didn't read long before it was lights out.

Hope everyone has a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home