Saturday, April 22, 2006

FRIDAY - Visiting Day

Got up my usual time and had my usual routine in the morning. I then went to Lisa's to pick up the work Mike had left me. Lisa asked me how my evening went and that was the beginning of a long visit. We had a great chat about our mothers, our children, our husbands, our friends, our lives in the past, now and in the future. LOL I think we covered everything. Needless to say when I got home my morning was gone.

In the entrance way was a huge box that UPS had dropped off. It was the Indian pieces to finish off my mantle. I was so excited. It was too heavy for me to bring in the house so I had to open it there. I was amazed at the quality of the merchandise for the prices I paid. I got them at Collections Etc. I didn't want to pay a whole lot for what I put up there because Garfield might get up there and knock them down. He already broke a beautiful Milk Glass vase I use to have there. I think what I got was just perfect and I love it. Wanna see?


The detail on the Indian doll is incredible. If you go to the site you can see a close up of the items...think they are listed under Southwestern or Western.

There was also an e-mail waiting from Tim asking if I could some banking for him this afternoon. I said sure right after I had a bite to eat. Well that meant I had to "put on a face" ...can't be scaring the towns folks...LOL I had to make this deposit because I had the tax coupon needed to go with it...when I got there Tim pulled in at the same time to deposit some money in the business and home accounts. As he was filling out the deposit slips in the bank we got into a nice chat so I spent more time there than I had planned. What a visiting day...I wasn't getting much done.

I had decided that the next time I went to town I was going to the jewelers and splurge on a white gold chain for the diamond heart my husband had given me years and years ago. It would look so nice with the outfits I have been wearing. I quit buying chains years ago because I kept breaking them and I was afraid I would lose the heart. I heard that they make better chains now and they are guaranteed. I had to wait around as the jeweler was the only one in the store and he had two customers ahead of me. As I was looking around I saw several diamond hearts in various sizes. There was one that was almost a duplicate of the one I have. I bought the chain and it looks lovely. It cost more than I wanted to spend but what good is that beautiful piece doing sitting in my jewelry box eh? Plus it brings back such lovely memories of the day he gave it to me.

When I got home I realized when I saw Lisa and Mike's empty trash barrels that I had forgot to put out the trash. Oh well...he will get twice as much next week LOL.

I did some book work till supper time. I called the restaurant to see what the special was...guess since Lent is over they don't have fish on Friday anymore...darn! So I just made me a frozen dinner and watched TV the rest of the evening. I went to bed early as I was tired and need to catch up on my rest. I finished my book and was sad it ended...when you read 3 books with the same characters you get attached LOL. I started a new one and it should be a fun read. It is another Nora Roberts. Two books in one about a Time Traveler and I just love to read about Time Travelers.

Hope you all have a great day.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Indian pieces, especially the doll!!! Hugs,
Krys

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love your Indian Doll.
That website has lots of interesting things. Thanks for sharing it.
Mare

 

Post a Comment

<< Home