Saturday, April 01, 2006

FRIDAY - Started Off Boring

Friday was pretty typical...in the morning I had to get trash out and do the usual things around the house. Went to Mike's and got my work and talked with Lisa for a bit. Came back home and after lunch tried to do some work.. I was so not in the mood. I kept puttering on the computer or finding things to do around the house to put off working...got some done but not much. I was tired so I did take a short nap in my chair.

I was sitting at the computer thinking about what I was going to make for supper when the phone rang. I was Dorothy. She wanted to know if I wanted to go to Mary's (our local restaurant) for supper and go to her house and play some cards. I said sure...just give me time to clean up and put a face on and I will meet you there.

When I got there she had a table for us...the place was really full. The special was beer battered fish. I hadn't had that in ages. We both ordered it. I am thinking one piece of fish...my baked potato and coleslaw. Well the plate came and it was full of fish so I decided to take home the potato...mmmmmm mmmmmmm was it ever delicious. I kept seeing plates of it going to many tables so everyone was getting in on it. I always enjoy Dorothy's company so we enjoyed chatting and laughing during the meal. When we left, people were still filing in keeping the place full.

I followed her to her house and went in to play cards. We had a lot of fun and I got home about 10:00. Watched one program I had recorded previously...CSI and then headed to bed for some reading.

BTW we made plans to go to a dance at the Senior Center in a town West of me tomorrow night...it's turning into a great week-end.

Hope everyone had a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home