Sunday, May 07, 2006

SATURDAY - A Looooooooong Day

I slept in as long as I could because I knew it was going to be a very full day. The morning went quickly. I did a little bookkeeping work...stopped about 2:00 to get ready. The girls were picking me up at 3:30 to go to Mass. They were a little late as they were coming from a Wedding Shower.

I again enjoyed the Mass.. I will be talking to the priest soon and joining the parish. We left there and went to Dorothy's for some coffee and home made donuts as we waited for the time to leave to go to the dance in the next town. We invited Maurice to join us. I was told on the way to Dorothy's that Reba and Maurice had their first date the night before. They had dinner at the local restaurant. Remember I was there yesterday too but I was there a lot earlier. Reba is just glowing! Theresa returned my pants that she shortened for me. She is going to see if she can fix the headbands that I bought that are too tight for me.

We went to the dance and we were plenty early so we got good seats. It was so much fun to be welcomed by all the people...I am really beginning to feel like part of the group. There were very few people at this dance that I had not seen or met before. It was a good size group too. Theresa was surprised when her son walked in. He is here from N. C. because his wife's mother is dieing of cancer. They came to spend some time with her. He came with his father-in-law who had been called in to "call" the square dances. The usual member of the band that does that was at a family wedding and couldn't be there.

This man has a different repertoire of calls and he is faster than the other caller so it was great fun to watch. I did the last square dance of the evening and that was a ton of fun. I danced quite a bit with Maurice and the women. I am getting more confident on the floor now. We stayed till the end which was 10:30. I got home around 11:00.

Watched a CSI I had recorded to unwind and headed for bed. We are suppose to have a busy week this week. Tues: dinner and dance at one of the Adult Centers Wed: Potluck dinner and Bingo at our local Senior Citizens and Wed: dinner for the 5 of us at Dorothy's. I read a while and then it was lights out. Good thing I can sleep in.

Hope everyone had a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home