Sunday, May 07, 2006

FRIDAY - My Shopping Day

I got up knowing that today I needed to go to town to do some shopping. The morning was spent doing my usual chores plus getting the trash out. I left the house after noon and headed for Fashion Bug. I bought a new top and a couple of jacket like tops that will go over several of my tops. I found some neat head bands to match some outfits I have and some jewelry.

My next stop was KMart. I needed a new handbag. I found one that has a carrying case for my cell phone attached. Now I shouldn't be leaving the house without it as I will see the case is empty when I grab my purse. It was on sale so I made out very well. I needed a few other things, purchased those and headed for the grocery store.

I stocked up on veggies and fruit. I can make my own fruit cup. They were having a great sale on berries...buy one and get one free. I took advantage of that. I bought the veggies also that I would need to make a new vegetable dish that Lisa gave me the recipe for. She had let me try it and it was very good. It's called Provential Baked vegetables. Here is the recipe in case you are interested in trying it.

1 Onion, Sliced (a sweet onion...Vadalias are recommended)
1 medium-sized eggplant, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 medium-sized zucchini, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
4 cloves garlic, chopped (I used garlic powder calif. style)
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 cup mozzarella, grated
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp. Oil

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an oven-proof dish and place slices of onion, eggplant, tomatoes and zucchini alternately in the dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, mozzarella and Parmesan. Drizzle the oil over top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and browned and the vegetables have softened. Serves four.

When I got home I was tired and didn't feel like cooking so I headed over to the restaurant to eat. It was only 4:15 so it wasn't very crowded yet. They had beer battered fish for the special so you know I ordered that. yum yum It seems to have become a hit at the restaurant...not only by me.

I spent the evening watching TV and resting because I knew the next day was going to be a long one.


1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Richard Chahwan said...

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful site with us, may GOD bless you with love, joy, and peace,

Richard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home